Re: [Orgmode] incorrect checkbox statistics

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] incorrect checkbox statistics
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 15:06:43 +0100

On Jan 8, 2010, at 1:29 PM, Manish wrote:

Hello Carsten,

The inconsistency between TODO and list statistics works now.  Thanks!

Statistics cookie updates still have some quirks.  In "Heading 1", the
cookie shows whatever is the value in the cookie for "item 1"
irrespective of the number of items in the list or the cookie position
(even COOKIE_DATA recursive is ignored, e.g. Heading 3)  "Heading 4"
works perfectly only if the leading cookie for first item does not use
[/] or [%].  Hope these various combination are of some help.

Hi Manish,

these are useful examples, but I find it too complex to fix - this might need a complete rewrite of the statistics code - and I don't have the time and concentration for this. Part of the complexity is the intermingling of TODO and checkboxes, which makes this a complicated logic.

I keep this in my list of things to look at if I am bored, but it is not likely to be fixed any time soon.

Patches - on the other hand - are always welcome! :-)

- Carsten

* Heading 1 [1/4]
 1. [1/4] item 1
    1. [X] item 1.1