Re: [Orgmode] icalendar: exporting times of day specified in heading?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] icalendar: exporting times of day specified in heading?
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:04:53 +0000

At Thu, 28 Jan 2010 19:31:06 +0100,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On Jan 28, 2010, at 4:22 PM, Stephen Eglen wrote:

[...]

> > A small note though: along the way, I've sometimes noticed that diary
> > entries   are included with a level 2 heading rather than a level 4
> > heading.
>
> I do not understand this.  Included where? How?  Can you please
> describe this
> more extensively?
>
> Thanks

Carsten,

I don't know for sure whether what Stephen reports is the same as I
have seen, but what I sometimes get using the 'i d' key sequence in
the agenda (org-agenda-diary-entry) looks like this:

* 2010
*** 2010-01 January
***** 2010-01-01 Friday
******* something on Friday
        <2010-01-01 Fri>
******* something else
        <2010-01-01 Fri>
***** 2010-01-06 Wednesday
******* another entry
        <2010-01-07 Thu>
*** 2010-01-08 Friday
***** a strangely placed entry
      <2010-01-08 Fri>

Note the level at which the last entry has been placed: it's a sibling
of the month headline instead of being a child.  It's easily fixed
manually but obviously it's best if this doesn't happen!

*But*, please note that I haven't experienced this behaviour during
the past few weeks so it may have been fixed accidentally along the
way...  In any case, I've not done any extensive exploration of when
this actually happens and it's not a big deal!

Thanks,
eric