Re: [Orgmode] Announcing org-jekyll

From: Rick Moynihan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Announcing org-jekyll
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:23:04 +0000

On 29 January 2010 23:16, Juan Reyero <address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've been toying around with a small package to export entries as a
> Jekyll blog.  It is different from other approaches I am aware of in
> that it will find your blog entries anywhere in the files belonging to
> a project, and it will pass properties along to Jekyll as yaml front
> matter.  It also includes some support for localization.
>
> Full description: http://juanreyero.com/open/org-jekyll/
> Source code: http://github.com/juanre/org-jekyll

Wow, this is great news!  I wish I'd kept up with this group a bit
more than I have, as I've been spending sometime setting up and
modifying happyblogger but this looks like a far superior solution!

Unfortunately after some playing around, I can't seem to get it to work.

I'm not entirely clear on how the org-publish-project-alist relates to
org-jekyll and org-jekyll-export-blog?  What do you need to do to set
this up, other than annotate headlines with :blog: keywords and :on:
properties?

I've found that calling org-jekyll-export-blog, seems to do nothing...
 Also I've seen it complain about org-publish-initialize-files-alist
not being defined, unless I've first run an org-publish.

Very excited by this development to org-mode!

R.