Re: [Orgmode] Bug: \log and friends are not recognized as math [6.34b]

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug: \log and friends are not recognized as math [6.34b]
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 11:58:56 -0500

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > So here is a request for a volunteer.  Go through the list below
> > and mark all macros according to three criteria:
> >
> > 1. Does not exist in TeX/LaTeX
> > 2. Requires math-mode
> > 3. Does not require math mode.
> > 4. Is there another category, like "this cannot be used in math mode?"
> >
> > That would be a big help and let me fix the issue brought up by Rasmus.
> >
> > As this is a long list, maybe first post here that you are going
> > to do it, so that not several people work on the same task.

Let me try the explanation again:

1. If something is undefined in LaTeX, this is notated by commenting the item
out
   in the appended LaTeX file, e.g.

%\nbsp

2. If something requires math mode, this is notated by marking the item like
this:
   \ensuremath{\foo} in the appended LaTeX file, e.g.

\ensuremath{\vert}

3. If an item is defined and does not require math mode, it is left unadorned in
   the appended LaTeX file, e.g.

   \copy

Hope this is clearer,
Nick