Re: [Orgmode] interacting with word processors (opeonffice, word)

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] interacting with word processors (opeonffice, word)
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 21:39:01 +0200

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Russell Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 08:44:54PM +0200, Rainer M Krug wrote:
> Hi Matt
>
> try latex2rtf: export org-mode to LaTeX and use latex2rtf to convert it to
> rtf.
> I am using latex2rtf to convert LaTeX code (generated by LyX) into rtf for
> exactly the same purpose.

That's a great idea!

Currently I export to HTML and then let Word users import that. It
preserves most of the formatting that is important to me, though
external files have to be manually inserted in Word.

Does RTF help with external references? (ie: embedded images?)

I think it embeds the picture and does not preserve the link.

But the might be a way of keeping the links.

Rainer

Thanks.

Russell Adams                           address@hidden

PGP Key ID:     0x1160DCB3           http://www.adamsinfoserv.com/

Fingerprint:    1723 D8CA 4280 1EC9 557F  66E8 1154 E018 1160 DCB3

NEW GERMAN FAX NUMBER!!!

Natural Sciences Building
Office Suite 2039
Stellenbosch University