Re: [Orgmode] file link format question - How to format link when square

From: Erwin Panen
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] file link format question - How to format link when square brackets [ ] are already in filename?
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 20:43:27 +0100

Hi David,

Thanks for replying;
I don't understand what you mean. I was not aware off url-encoding, but found help here: http://www.eskimo.com/~bloo/indexdot/html/topics/urlencoding.htm
So far so good.
The way I interpret this is that I can 'replace' [square brackets] in orgmode  with %5Bsquare brackets%5D
However when I try this, org does not 'convert' to a link...? What am I missing?

Perhaps for clarification:
The link I used in my example may be confusing, it is a long UNC path to a file on a network server that has somewhere [32] in it's name.
It's the [32] that seems to confuse org's linking.
I also noticed when hovering over [32] that org seems to recognize this as a footnote??

Thanks,

Erwin

David Maus wrote:
At Tue, 02 Feb 2010 11:50:31 +0100,