[Orgmode] How to insert apostrophe (') into code and verbatim text?

From: Uriel Avalos
Subject: [Orgmode] How to insert apostrophe (') into code and verbatim text?
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 11:48:38 -0500

Here's an easy one for the guru's, why does an apostrophe at the beginning of a
=code= not work? When I export the following text to HTML, the "'life" variable
isn't set as code (and the = symbols show up):

        Select ='life= for the x variable.

If I escape the apostrophe, I course get back the escape character in the HTML:

        Select =\'life= for the x variable.

--
--Thanks!
Uriel