[Orgmode] Excluding just heading from export

From: Paul Mead
Subject: [Orgmode] Excluding just heading from export
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 13:17:42 +0000

Hi

is there any way of excluding just a heading from export, whilst exporting
the text below it in the usual way? If I use :noexport: it does what it
says in the documentation - prevents the entire subtree from exporting.

For my current work though, I'd like to use headings to rough out a
structure write notes - noexport is fine for this. Then in each section
I want to export the final 'written up' version. I can separate those
with different headings, but don't want the headings to show up in the
exported text.

Example:

* Essay title
** Notes on paragraph 1  :noexport:
These are notes which I want to remain hidden, including the heading
** Paragraph 1
This is the text I want to see exported, but I don't want the heading

Is this possible?
Paul