Re: [Orgmode] Passing a table to org-babel shell script

From: Matthias Teege
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Passing a table to org-babel shell script
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 10:01:15 +0100

On 11:33 Sat 06 Feb, Eric Schulte wrote:

Moin,

thanks for your reply

> 1) allowing the user to specify a separator with a header argument as
>    follows
>    #+begin_src sh :var table=sec :separator ,
>      cat <<EOF
>      $table
>      EOF
>    #+end_src
>
>    which would result in something like
>
>    : "Hello, World"

I like this idea because it is what I would expect. In my first
"experiment", I assumed that I can use the "|" as a separator. I would
like to use a table as input form and pipe the rows to a shell script
written in org-babel. Sometimes it is easier to proccess data with
awk instead of using elisp. So my example is a bit misleading.

> 2) writing the table to a tab or comma separated file and then
>    replacing =$table= in the source block body with the path to the
>    file name, s.t. something like

IMHO it is not necessary under Unix. Reading from stdin is usual. But it
maybe different under Windows.

Many thanks
Matthias