Re: [Orgmode] file location

From: Ecce Berlin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] file location
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 14:00:51 +0100

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 2:11 AM, Shawn Koons <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there a command (or two) that will identify the locations of the
> below-listed files/folders? I am using Ubuntu and it seems that there is
> more than one emacs install on this computer and multiple files that could
> The following is from the #makefile# found in the org.mode folder downloaded
> from the repository.
> ##----------------------------------------------------------------------
> ##  YOU MUST EDIT THE FOLLOWING LINES
> ##----------------------------------------------------------------------
> # Name of your emacs binary
> EMACS=??
> # Where local software is found
> prefix=/usr/local
> # Where local lisp files go.
> lispdir = $(prefix)/share/emacs/site-lisp
> # Where info files go.
> infodir = $(prefix)/share/infos
> Thanks,
> Shawn

Hi,

if you did not compile emacs yourself, you at least have to change:

----------
prefix=/usr
----------

You can list your emacs binaries like this:
$ ls -l /usr/bin/emacs*

If installing for emacs-snapshot, you need to change in addition:
----------
lispdir = $(prefix)/share/emacs-snapshot/site-lisp/org-mode
infodir = $(prefix)/share/info
----------

Also note that the shipped install-info targets do not work on Ubuntu,
I add this to the Makefile:

,----[ Makefile ]
! install-info-ubuntu: $(INFOFILES)
!       if [ ! -d $(infodir) ]; then $(MKDIR) $(infodir); else true; fi ;
!       $(CP) $(INFOFILES) $(infodir)
!       $(INSTALL_INFO) --infodir=$(infodir) $(INFOFILES)
`----
Then run:
 $ sudo make install-info-ubuntu

More details about emacs in Debian/Ubuntu are here:
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/debian-emacs-policy

EB