[Orgmode] Re: Xiki framework (wiki and tree emacs features)

From: joakim
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Xiki framework (wiki and tree emacs features)
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 16:55:17 +0100

Glauber Alex Dias Prado <address@hidden> writes:

>>     Please point me to the part of OrgMode with features for
>>     navigating and searching the filesystem in a tree structure.  I'm
>>     interested in checking i= t out and comparing it to xiki.
>>
>> The question that suggests itself to me
>> is whether there is a way to separate out the various ideas,
>> implemented by xiki and by Org mode, into modular features.
>
> Just to tell my grandchildren that once i was in the same thread as rms
> :), these two tools are awesome and i am using both, and would take
> advantage of a more modular design for easy integration instead of each
> one working in its own pet.

Just a data-point, but I've been using planner-mode for years, which
resembles Org-mode, and also seemingly Xiki, which I havent tried yet.

Planner uses Muse as its underlying wiki mode, and Muse is included in
Emacs.

As a user, I would also favor modularisation and re-use between these
modes.

--
Joakim Verona