Re: [Orgmode] Bold text beginning line produces empty PDF

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bold text beginning line produces empty PDF
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:19:31 +0100

On Feb 11, 2010, at 11:23 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 01:54:11 -0500, Raffi R <address@hidden> wrote:

If I begin a line with bolded text, like so:

*Case 1:*

it produces the following LaTeX:

\textbf{Case 1:\}

Exporting with C-c C-e d produces an empty LaTeX document.

Is this reproducible? Is it a bug?

It works fine with me so long as I have something before this line,
even just the template generated by C-x C-e t.  (see attached file)

However, in testing this out, I have run into two little problems:

1. if I simply visit a buffer (not a file), say x.org, and try
 exporting to Latex in a temporary buffer (C-c C-e L), I get the
 following error:

I believe I have successfully lifted this restriction now.

,----
| Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
|   file-name-nondirectory(nil)
|   org-export-as-latex(nil nil nil "*Org LaTeX Export*")
|   org-export-as-latex-to-buffer(nil)
|   call-interactively(org-export-as-latex-to-buffer)
|   org-export(nil)
|   call-interactively(org-export nil nil)
`----

2. if I subsequently save the buffer into a file (C-x C-w x.org), for
 some reason I get prompted for a file name when trying C-c C-e L.

At lease with the latest version I cannot reproduce this.
Can you please check again after pulling?

Thanks.

- Carsten