Re: [Orgmode] [Bug] Slightly wrong org-tag fontification in agenda

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Bug] Slightly wrong org-tag fontification in agenda
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 18:58:29 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

On Feb 12, 2010, at 2:22 PM, Tassilo Horn wrote:

Hi all,

it seems that org fontifies everything in the agenda following the
heading using the org-tag face. Basically, that's ok *unless* you don't
use a special background color for tags.  Then it looks wrong.

Here's a screenshot showing the fontification.
<org-tags.png>
I'm using a current git version (Org-mode version 6.34trans
(release_6.34c.67.g25f76f)).

I had a quick look at the code, and it seems the problem is in
`org-agenda-align-tags'.

Yes, I think it is fixed now.

BTW: Is it really a good decision to propertize the text algorithmically
in the functions building the agenda?  I'm not sure, but it might be
easier to define some `org-agenda-font-lock-keywords' like it's done for
org files, too.

That is a good question.  I do, however, not believe that it would
be easy to define font lock keywords which can handle the agenda.
For example, when an item changes state, its face is changed, to
something with depends on where the item comes from and, for example,
how close the deadline is.  And more stuff like that.
So font-lock regexp matching is now enough here.
Yes, it would be enough for tags, but not for other stuff.

- Carsten