[Orgmode] Deadline->scheduled workflow

From: Norbert Zeh
Subject: [Orgmode] Deadline->scheduled workflow
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 05:56:08 -0400

Hi folks,

I have a question whether the following workflow is possible in orgmode:

- I create a task with a given deadline some time in the future.  I
  don't want to worry about scheduling it.

- I configure deadline warnings to I get a warning that a deadline is
  coming up, say 4 weeks before the deadline.  When I see this warning,
  I know I will have to schedule the task to work on it.

- Now, with the 4-weeks warning, it would be rather annoying to have the
  task show up on every day for the 4 weeks before the task needs to be
  completed.  So I would like upcoming deadlines to show up in my agenda
  view only if the task is not scheduled yet.

Ideally, I think a 2-layered warning system for deadlines would be
useful above.  Warn 4 weeks in advance for unscheduled tasks that have a
deadline coming up.  Warn, say, 7 days in advance for scheduled but
not completed tasks that have a deadline coming up.  Is there any way to
do any of this in orgmode, possibly with some lisp hacking?

Thanks,
Norbert

--
"And it happened all the time that the compromise between two perfectly
rational alternatives was something that made no sense at all."