[Orgmode] Problem with org-mac-protocol

From: Christian Zang
Subject: [Orgmode] Problem with org-mac-protocol
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 09:47:40 +0100

Dear list,

I installed org-mac-protocol according to the instructions in
org-mac-protocol.org on Mac OS X 10.6 with Emacs CVS 23 and a very recent pull
of org-mode from git.

With my setup, there seems to be a problem with the AppleScript part of the
implementation I cannot track down. If I call any of the scripts (org-link
etc.) I get no reaction but a short deactivation of the frontmost window.

The corresponding console-messages are:

16.02.10 09:26:01       AppleScript Runner[8640]        Error loading
/Users/christian/Library/ScriptingAdditions/URI Escape.osax/Contents/MacOS/URI
Escape:  dlopen(/Users/christian/Library/ScriptingAdditions/URI
Escape.osax/Contents/MacOS/URI Escape, 262): no suitable image found.  Did find:
        /Users/christian/Library/ScriptingAdditions/URI
Escape.osax/Contents/MacOS/URI Escape: no matching architecture in universal
wrapper

And:

16.02.10 09:26:01       [0x0-0x2dd2dd].com.apple.AppleScriptRunner[8640]
AppleScript Runner: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition
"/Users/christian/Library/ScriptingAdditions/URI Escape.osax" declares no
loadable handlers.

This results in the variable theScript not being set, and emacsclient is not
called at all. If I remove any calls to URI Escape from getItemMetadata,
emacsclient gets called.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Best,
Christian