[Orgmode] Re: Secondary filtering and query editing within daily/weekly

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Secondary filtering and query editing within daily/weekly agenda
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 07:23:27 -0500

"Brody, William (Buck)" <address@hidden> writes:

> I see that I can now filter by tag. Is it possible to filter by todo
> state? For instance, I would like to exclude all DONE items.

There is no way to filter by TODO state. One way to achieve the same
effect, however, is to set the variable org-todo-state-tags-triggers,
which causes tags to be added to (and removed from) an item
automatically when you switch to a particular todo state.

    (setq org-todo-state-tags-triggers
          '(
            ("STARTED"
             ("NEXT" . t)
             ("WAITING" . nil)
             )
            ("WAITING"
             ("WAITING" . t)
             ("NEXT" . nil)
             )
             ))

The above setting adds a :NEXT: tag whenever the todo state is
switched to STARTED and a :WAITING: tag whenever the todo state is
switched to WAITING. These tags can then be filtered.

Best,
Matt