[Orgmode] Re: listing tasks with no TODO keyword in global TODO list

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: listing tasks with no TODO keyword in global TODO list
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 21:30:46 -0500

Manish <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Jan Böcker wrote:
>> On 19.02.2010 16:44, Manish wrote:
>>>
>>> i've been unable to find the variable that controls whether
>>> items/tasks with no TODO keyword should be treated like the
>>> ones with TODO so they can appear in the global TODO
>>> list.  can someone please point me in the right direction?
>>>

>> Your question seems a bit confusing to me. Headlines without
>> TODO keywords are by definition not a todo item, so they should
>> not appear in the global todo list.
>
> i seem to recall that there was an instance where an item without a TODO
> keyword could be treated as if it was an unDONE item but i can't seem to
> find it anymore.

Assuming that you only use DONE as an inactive todo, I believe you can
get all headings *not* marked done with the following search:

C-c a m /-DONE

Are you perhaps thinking of the default setting for stuck projects?

(setq org-stuck-projects
      '("+LEVEL=2/-DONE" ("TODO" "NEXT" "NEXTACTION") nil ""))

This defines projects based on their level (i.e., all level two items
not marked DONE).

Best,
Matt