Re: [Orgmode] Strange behavior with org-remember and clock

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Strange behavior with org-remember and clock
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 09:04:05 +0100

Hi Carl,

I cannot reproduce this behavior....

Best wishes

- Carsten

On Feb 16, 2010, at 6:31 PM, Carl Bolduc wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to build a remember template to log a journal of my
activities, and some entries involve clocks. Here is my template:
("Journal" ?j "* %U %?\n" "j:/org/journal.org" date-tree)

When I call this template and start a clock, I get a weird behavior
when exiting remember. First, I get this (expected):
The clock is running in this buffer. Clock out now? (y or n)
I type "n"
Then, I get this:
Clock-out in buffer *Remember* before killing it (y or n)
I type "n" once again.
Now, if I visit my journal and try to clock out of this item, I get this:
No active clock

Now, if I modify my template to include any text after the %?,
clocking works as expected:
("Journal" ?j "* %U %?\ntest" "j:/org/journal.org" date-tree)
When I close remember, I get this:
The clock is running in this buffer. Clock out now? (y or n)
I type "n", don't get any more message, visit the journal file, and I
can clock out.

I am clueless... and I would prefer not having dummy text in my
journal entries just to make clocking work correctly.

Thanks,
Carl