[Orgmode] Request: Slightly different structure mode

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: [Orgmode] Request: Slightly different structure mode
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 18:36:46 +0900

Hi,
beside of the organising part I use org-mode as a lab-notebook for every "project" which involves more thinking and esp. remembering about it.

For that I create a new org-mode file for every project, linked to a main-file and I add all this links, infos, mails, deadlines, folder, files, data, and all other pieces of infos which I need to access or remember when I continue to work on this project (which might be weeks or months later). This works really great with org-mode and it help me to come quickly inside a particular project even after long time of non-processing.

I noticed that I prefer to create outlines like this (stupid example)

+----------------------start----------------------------------+
* Learn org-mode
I start to read carefully the manual again. Esp. tables are still difficult to use for me.
** Just to remember the most important table commands
Here I will write down all the table stuff commands a long long long text and maybe some tables.

This text should belong again to outline 1. I just like to continue writing since I just write in a chronological order. I read the manual again and found some nice features I wasn't aware of ..more text.. .
+--------------------stop-------------------------------------+

Thus if I cylcle threw them I like to get the following:

+----------------------start----------------------------------+
* Learn org-mode
I start to read carefully the manual again. Esp. tables are still difficult to use for me.
** Just to remember the most important table commands
This text should belong again to outline 1. I just like to continue writing since I just write in a chronological order. I read the manual again and found some nice features I wasn't aware of ..more text.. .
+--------------------stop-------------------------------------+

Thus the last paragraph should belong to the first outline and only collapse if with the first outline. At the moment it belongs always to the last (in this case second outline) and collapsing result in:

Thus if I cylcle threw them I like to get the following"
* Learn org-mode
I start to read carefully the manual again. Esp. tables are still difficult to use for me.
** Just to remember the most important table commands

So I like to use the outline levels more as a measure of importance or of detail. I write a generic text of how the project is going on, most likely just adding every day a little bit text like in a diary. If there is something very special or very detailed I like to encapsulate it in a outline and only open it up if I need to read again about it. Thus, it will not distract me by reading fast threw the main file and it is available if needed.

Any idea how to achieve that ?

Thanks

Torsten