[Orgmode] Tables - Multiple Row and Column span

From: srinivas
Subject: [Orgmode] Tables - Multiple Row and Column span
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 05:41:59 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I realize that orgmode tables do not allow multiple row and column spanning in
HTML (export). I also read that orgmode allows one to use table.el for
specifying tables and table.el allows multiple row and column span.

I haven't figured out how to combine orgmode content with table.el for tables.

Is it possible to do the following?

* Org mode table

| Header 1 | Header 2 |
|----------+----------|
| R1 C1    | R1 C2    |
| R2 C1    | R2 C2    |
| R3 C1    | R3 C2    |

* table.el table

Following table has 1 multi column cell and 1 multi row cell.

| Header 1 | Header 2 |
| R1 C1-2             |
| R2 C1    | R2-3 C2  |
| R3 C1    |          |

Can anyone please post a working example?

Thanks.