Re: [Orgmode] Re: mailto links

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: mailto links
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:26:19 +0100

On Feb 24, 2010, at 5:59 AM, Ross A. Laird wrote:

Hm. I did not find anything particularly specific to kmail:

"mailto:%a?subject=%s";

Hi Ross,

the default setting for `org-link-mailto-program' is currently

    (browse-url "mailto:%a?subject=%s";)

which means that Org will leave it to the browse-url package to
decide how to send a message.

Browse-url uses the variable, `mail-user-agent'
Try customizing this variable.  I think you want to set
it to `gnus-user-agent'.

HTH

- Carsten

If you invoke the command 'org-customize', you can find a group called 'Org Link'. Expand it to find 'Org Follow Link', then 'Org Link Mailto
Program'.  Perhaps this will help?

I am having a small challenge with the way in which emacs is handling mailto links in org files. For some mysterious reason, C-c C-o on a link opens Kmail. I am in gnome and have specified thunderbird as the default mail client. Actually what I want is for the links to open in Gnus, but despite a lengthy web search I cannot find any way to fix this issue.
Suggestions are welcome.

Ross

--
Ross A. Laird, PhD