[Orgmode] Link-protocols

From: Christian Zang
Subject: [Orgmode] Link-protocols
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 14:57:36 +0100

Dear all,

I use org-mode for notes, and DEVONthink and Papers on the mac for storing
reference material. I want to add links to entries in DEVONthink and Papers to
my org-files, but org doesn't understand links like

papers://doi/10.1038/463860a

or

x-devonthink-item://6EB3DF6A-9B0D-4D26-A7D3-86D0B589E455

However, when I paste these links into my browser, the desired documents open
in the respective app.

Is there a way to add these "protocols" to the protocols org can handle? I
looked into org-follow-link, but couldn't come up with a solution.

Thanks!
Christian