[Orgmode] table.el support restored

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] table.el support restored
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 22:39:17 +0100

Hi everyone,

a few recent threads alerted me to the fact that the support for table.el tables was totally broken in recent versions of Org-mode. While I don't use this, I think it is a very nice feature to have.

Support for table.el tables is now restored, with the following important changes.

1. You cannot edit these tables in the buffer, you must
   use C-c ' (the same command that also edit source code snippets)

2. LaTeX export apparently never did support these tables.  Now it does,
including #+CAPTION, #+LABEL, and some ATTL_LaTeX settings (e.g. align)

I hope this proves to be useful.

- Carsten