[Orgmode] Re: inserting notes at level 1 with org-remember

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: inserting notes at level 1 with org-remember
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 17:26:30 -0500

Hi Trance,

Trance Diviner <address@hidden> writes:

> On Feb 25, 2010, at 7:38 PM, Matt Lundin wrote:
>
>> Trance Diviner <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> But I find that org-remember always creates notes as a level-2 entry.
>>> For example, starting with an empty "example.org" file and the
>>> following configuration:
>>>
>>> (setq org-remember-templates
>>>      '(("Note" ?n "* %u %?\n\n%i\n%a" "example.org" top)))
>>>
>>> Invoking org-remember twice results in these contents:
>>>
>>> ** [2010-02-25 Thu] note two
>>> ** [2010-02-25 Thu] note one
>>>

>>> What I expected was:
>>>
>>> * [2010-02-25 Thu] note two
>>> * [2010-02-25 Thu] note one
>>
>> I cannot duplicate this. With your remember template, org mode files the
>> entries at the top of example.org as level 1 headlines.
>
> That's promising.  What org-mode and emacs version?
>
> org-version
> "6.33x"
> emacs-version
> "23.1.90.1"

I tried it again exactly as you explained and now can confirm that this
behavior occurs when there is no blank/new line at the top of the
remember target file. (When I tried it before, I used a file that had a
new line.)

To duplicate the bug, I did the following:

1) "touch example.org"

2) called the remember template above.

If you want a temporary fix, ensure that there is a blank/new line (or a
comment line) at the top of your target file. (If you have content in
the file, this shouldn't be a problem.)

Best,
Matt