Re: [Orgmode] Clocktable: Include non-clock items

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Clocktable: Include non-clock items
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 08:19:06 +0530

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 1:51 AM, Nathan Neff wrote:
> Is there a way to get a clock table to show items
> that do not have a clock entry?

i don't think so.

> Here's the use-case:
>
> I'm working on Task 1, and encounter an unusual problem.
> I want my clock report to show some detail about why Task 1
> took more time than usual.
>
> I don't want to create a sub-heading and clock into it, and
> adjust the clock, etc.  I just want to store a note about this, and
> have the note appear in the clock report.

i understand that creating a new task and adjusting clocks could be more
context switches than you'd like but once you have setup and executed a
few times following may not really a big diversion although it does require
one to be conscious of the change in the nature of task as it happens
(e.g. unusual problem delaying the task.)

1. call remember to create a child task (so the child's clock time
   contributes towards the parent task)
2. remember clocks in to the task automatically and can record a link to
   the task was interrupted by creation of this one (%K in a remember
   template)
3. once this task is over you clock back into the interrupted task

#3 probably sounds like something you don't want to do.  Bernt Hanson
has documented his setup in abundant detail and that has helped me a
lot.  i'd specifically point you to his "<f9> SPC" setup.