[Orgmode] Request for help

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Request for help
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 08:29:14 +0100

He everyone,

as you probably have noticed, I am currently having trouble
to keep up with addressing the issues that come up here on
the mailing list.  This is due to a very high load at my
work (double teaching, plus a new satellite observatory
which, after initial problems, now works and binds a lot
of my time), and also due to some other problems and
commitments.

My preference would be that I use the time that currently
remains for addressing bigger issues, like implementing
encryption for MobileOrg, better support for entities in
all backends, and preparing the next release.

Some of you don't know Emacs Lisp, but do know enough about
Org so that you could help answering more general questions
on the mailing list.

Some of you know Emacs Lisp and are (or want to become)
contributers with copyright assignment.  If you could try
to step up efforts and adopt some of the issues that come
up here, that would be very much appreciated.  Maybe drop
a quick message announcing that you will be the one working
on it, so that we can avoid double work.  That would allow
me to ignore that thread until you come back with either a
solution (a patch?), or a summary of the discussion around
it, proposing further action or proposing to drop it.

Thanks, and yes, I know that many people are already doing
some of what I am asking for.

- Carsten