Re: [Orgmode] org-mode on iPhone or Android: recommendations?

From: Tom X. Tobin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mode on iPhone or Android: recommendations?
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:09:55 -0500

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Martin Stemplinger <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I currently think if I should buy a new smartphone but of course I need
> support for org-mode ☺. Now
> there is mobileorg  for the iPhone and a port to Android.
>
> I tend to prefer an Android phone but would like to be able to access
> org-mode. May I ask for advice or feedback from people
> who tested the port?

I own both an iPhone and an Android phone; I'm currently using the
Android phone (a G1), and I'll try to test the Android org-mode app
this weekend.

The iPhone MobileOrg app is okay.  It's good enough for quickly
pulling up org info and/or storing unfiled notes (in the vein of
remember.el) which you then file when you're back at your computer and
sync the changes.  It's *not* a fully-functional replacement for
org-mode on the go; editing existing entries is unwieldy, and agenda
views need to be pre-computed from Emacs before syncing.