Re: [Orgmode] Is there a way to fill org-mode's table cell with the valu

From: Chris Randle
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Is there a way to fill org-mode's table cell with the values nearby?
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 16:00:42 +0000

Denny Zhang (filebat Mark) wrote:
I am wondering whether we have a handy way to fill table's cell with the values nearby.

S-RET will do the trick. If the current cell is empty, it copies the first non-blank line above. If the current cell is not empty, it copies and moves to the cell below. It will also (depending on value of org-table-copy-increment) increment integer values as it does so.

If you supply an arg, S-RET copies from that many non-empty lines above. With a 0 (zero) as the arg, it disables the integer increment for the next copy.

There's a description on p.18 of v6.34c of the manual.

--
Chris Randle.