Re: [Orgmode] [babel] passing strings in

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] passing strings in
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 13:48:15 -0600

Dan Davison <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> Thanks for the much better answer. I think my vote goes for your second
>> option.
>
> Actually, although I think what I said below is valid, it's much less
> obvious what a good solution is because I completely ignored the
> (common) possibility of referring to a table:
>
> :var x=tablename
>
> In that case it is less appealing, although a possibility, to demand
> that we write :var x=tablename()      [1]

My problem with this path is that then we can't pass a string value into
a variable in which the last two characters are "(" and ")" because it
would be interpreted as a reference.  I'm liking the current solution at
http://eschulte.github.com/babel-dev/DONE-literal-values-from-tables.html

Cheers -- Eric