Re: [Orgmode] [Org-mode] Stop exporting address@hidden to html

From: Jan Böcker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Org-mode] Stop exporting address@hidden to html
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 08:09:30 +0100

On 26.03.2010 04:15, John Hendy wrote:
> Perhaps a silly question: just wondering if it's possible to stop having
> this at the bottom of every html file I export:
>
> /-------------
> | Author: John W. Henderson <address@hidden> <mailto:address@hidden>
> | Date: 2010-03-25 21:56:05 CDT
> | HTML generated by org-mode 6.34trans in emacs 23
> \--------------
>
> I'm all for the date and supporting people knowing this is from
> org-mode/emacs but I don't really want the username/hostname thingy
> there. I have Author set via #+AUTHOR. I can't find any reference to
> host/hostname in the manual and with other google searches.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Hi John,

that's your email address - at least what org mode guesses it might be,
because it does not know.

You can set this with #+EMAIL.

Unfortunately, from what I gather from (info "(org) Export options"),
there seems to be no way to turn the email address off independently.

The manual says:
"author:    turn on/off inclusion of author name/email into exported file"

So it seems author and email address can only be switched on/off together.

HTH, Jan