Re: [Orgmode] [Org-mode] Stop exporting address@hidden to html

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Org-mode] Stop exporting address@hidden to html
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:01:48 -0600

Thanks for the replies.

- Carsten: Guessing that I need to pull from git to have this new behavior?
--- I'm guessing it's new as (setq org-export-email-info nil) did not have an effect for me (would indicate that perhaps this variable does not exist in my version?)

- Re. the variable/option name: I didn't check the org-exporg.el file... I was going by the options listed here: http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-options.html. Based on the replies, I think I'm correct in saying that there actually is no variable to target just the email portion of the author's info, right? It's either author name + email or nothing? This has been my result when using '#+OPTIONS: author:nil'
--- I'm guessing this is why Carsten implemented the above.

--- To clarify, I'm not setting up to export a 'whole project....' I just use 'C-c C-e b' to export an html of what I'm working on. Just looking to change the behavior when exporting one .org file. I have seen the page for the kit-and-kaboodle export of a whole tree and just wanted to clarify that I'm not doing that. They may use the same method but since I'm new I don't know so I wanted to specify my purpose.

John

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 9:59 AM, David Maus <address@hidden> wrote:
Nick Dokos wrote:
>David Maus <address@hidden> wrote:

>> >Perhaps a silly question: just wondering if it's possible to stop
>> >having this at the bottom of every html file I export:
>>
>> >/-------------
>> >\--------------
>>
>> >I'm all for the date and supporting people knowing this is from
>> >org-mode/emacs but I don't really want the username/hostname thingy
>> >there. I have Author set via #+AUTHOR. I can't find any reference to
>> >host/hostname in the manual and with other google searches.
>>
>> You *should* be able to suppress the author info by setting the
>> property :author-info to nil in the publish project alist.
>>
>> However, it looks like there's a malfunction on Org's side: Setting
>> this option to nil does have no effect.
>>

>Setting it globally by setting the variable org-export-author-info to
>nil seems to work OK.  But setting it in the file #+OPTIONS line:

>does not seem to work, so there seems to be a disconnect there.

It's a typo in the variables docstring: The infile option is
author:nil.

(attached patch fixes typo)

 -- David
--