[Orgmode] Re: Recurring TODOs and alreade done TODOs

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Recurring TODOs and alreade done TODOs
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:35:25 -0400

Friedericksen Hope <address@hidden> writes:

> First the problem:
> I would like to create some recurring TODO items. But for example, when I use
> 'C-c C-s 10-05-01 +1w' it just create the timestamp: 'SCHEDULED: <2010-05-01
> Sat>'
> I don't know why, because it is exactly like in the manual described.
> Do I have to enable recurring TODOs in the config?

I believe you have to set recurring todos by hand---i.e., dive into the
org file and edit the SCHEDULED timestamp.

> Is there a way/function/option to automatically clear or archive old
> TODO-Items which are marked as DONE?

Here's one way to do it:

(defun my-org-archive-done-items ()
  "Archive all items marked done in the current file"
  (interactive)
  (org-map-entries
   '(org-archive-subtree-default)
   "/!+DONE" 'file))