[Orgmode] Re: possible bug: TAB after elipsis

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: possible bug: TAB after elipsis
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:53:58 +0000 (UTC)

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> This awesome. If this equivalent existed for M-a/e and M-f/b, I would
> be very happy with the result. Seem reasonable -- when on a folded
> headline, I just can't think of a reason someone would want to
> interact with the headline after the ellipsis. It even, as someone
> else mentioned, can ge one into trouble -- press the wrong key or
> delete after it and you're removing text you can't even see... but are
> able to interact with!

Well, after all, its just "Plain Text" you are editing.
Whenever there is an Elipsis, there is a convenient "hack" in the
display hiding what you don't want to see, but it is never the less a
hack. So I got into the habbit that, whenever I edit a line that
contains "...", I unfold it first; whenever it is folded, I only
a ) view it or
b) navigate with the org commands like the speed keys
   (http://orgmode.org/manual/Speed-keys.html) or
c) use the org structure editing command
(http://orgmode.org/manual/Structure-editing.html).

For extensive editing with emacs board tools, there is always
"M-x show-all".

So, I agree, whenever there are ellipsis, editing "it ... can
get one into trouble". So I just don't ;).

hth
Memnon