Re: [Orgmode] Export special characters to LaTeX and HTML

From: sven . bretfeld
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Export special characters to LaTeX and HTML
Date: 28 Mar 2010 19:04:48 +0200

Hi Thomas

"Thomas S. Dye" <address@hidden> writes:

> This is brilliant.  Thanks!  I tried to find this solution in the
> documentation last night but came up empty.  Did I miss something?
> Seems like it should be there someplace.

This wont show up in the Org manual, since it consists of usual Emacs
code. It took me a while to find the command ucs-insert when I shifted
to Emacs from Kile some years ago. The only org-specific part is the
detachment of M-a as a prefix, because this key is bound to some
function in the org-keymap.

> Actually, I harbor a grudge against Thomas Magnum :)  I've been a
> Detroit Tigers fan for more than 50 years.  For many of those years
> I've worn a Tiger's cap in the summer, but once Magnum started doing
> it, people began to accuse me of aping him.  I had to find a friend
> with a TV to find out what people were asking me.  You are the first
> to ask in at least a decade.

Hehe. This really amuses me. T.M. is one of my heroes. He comes to my
mind whenever I think of Hawaii.

Greetings,

Sven