[Orgmode] Re: Org mode and emacs email

From: Richard Riley
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org mode and emacs email
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:57:43 +0200

Simon Brown <address@hidden> writes:

> * Scott Brim (address@hidden) wrote:
>> Wanderlust seems best at IMAP -- I would go there first, but if you've
>> tolerated
>> mutt's IMAP support this long, maybe you don't need good IMAP support.  VM
>> has nice integration with w3m for HTML.  IMHO don't start on gnus if you've
>> never used it.  Then there's MEW, which is also a good one.  They all work
>> with
>> mbox-style mail files.
> I'm trying Wanderlust, but I've started to wonder if it's worth the
> effort. I've moved from mbox to Maildirs but wanderlust doesn't seem
> to be able to recognise the subdirectories. I don't want to be

Maybe its like dovecot  - the "." prefix on the mailboxes.

> changing config everytime I change a list subscription. I also have

What do you mean by that? Why would you need to reconfigure each and
every time?

> yet to get it to successfully autheniticate with any imap server.
>
> I've got nowhere near trying the org integration. I might try
> installing vm 8.1 but at the moment I've already squandered far too
> much time on this.

If you decided to move to maildir I'm wondering why you then decided to
use Wanderlust. Do you have your own IMAP server serving up from a maildir?

> Thanks
>
> Simon

Gnus has excellent maildir support ...