Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org mode and emacs email

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org mode and emacs email
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:40:48 -0400

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:

> At this point it feels somewhat more like voting rather than a
> discussion, but I feel compelled to say...
>
>   +1 for gnus!

Hi Simon,

I use gnus, and received help from people on the list. Here's a small
contribution if you do get going with it:

The listing of emails in the summary buffer will look *terrible* with
the default settings. But you can make it look really nice using unicode
characters for arrows etc. (Example settings below, screenshot at
http://www.princeton.edu/~ddavison/gnus.png)

(Plus, if you use gnus you don't have to see these ridiculous
Kindergarten-style dotted lines and scissors that people put in
emails :) )

Dan

;;
http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.gnus/browse_thread/thread/a673a74356e7141f
(when window-system
  (setq gnus-sum-thread-tree-indent "  ")
  (setq gnus-sum-thread-tree-root "") ;; "● ")
  (setq gnus-sum-thread-tree-false-root "") ;; "◯ ")
  (setq gnus-sum-thread-tree-single-indent "") ;; "◎ ")
  (setq gnus-sum-thread-tree-vertical        "│")
  (setq gnus-sum-thread-tree-leaf-with-other "├─► ")
  (setq gnus-sum-thread-tree-single-leaf     "╰─► "))

(setq gnus-summary-line-format
      (concat
       "  "
       "%4{%-20,20f%}"               ;; name