[Orgmode] Re: Org mode and emacs email

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org mode and emacs email
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 17:54:44 +0000 (UTC)

Manuel Hermenegildo <herme <at> fi.upm.es> writes:

> I have to say in VM's defense that it is working very well for me (and
> has supported IMAP for a very long time)

Is this really true?  In my days of using VM --- I eventually gave it up for
Thunderbird --- VM never had true IMAP support that could interact with folders
on the server.  All it did was use the IMAP protocol to populate its local mail
directory.  This isn't really full IMAP support, and it's not really adequate if
you want to get at your email from multiple different devices (hence my move to
Thunderbird).

Has this changed?  I used VM for a long time, and wouldn't mind going back to
it, if it could really talk to an IMAP server properly.  I don't see how the
architecture could be fixed to make that possible, though.