[Orgmode] Re: A bright new Org-mode clone project

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: A bright new Org-mode clone project
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 15:36:22 -0400

Julien Barnier <address@hidden> writes:

> That's why I'm going to rewrite it in C#/Mono : this will assure that
> the new project can run on every machine you can think about, and it
> would be much lighter on resources (especially memory) than Emacs.

:)

> Because Emacs keys are really to complicated and quite outdated, I'm
> going to reimplement org-mode with a modern graphical interface, which
> would be almost exclusively mouse driven.

I think it would be quite innovative if the user could move
headlines/entries by 1) selecting text with the mouse, 2) using a
drop-down menu option to cut the selection, 3) selecting a destination
with the mouse, and 4) using a drop-down menu option to paste the text.

Also, I would like to request WYSIWYG formatting. Have you considered a
binary format for the files? Then we could use styles to demarcate
separate sections of an org-file instead of all those asterisks!!

> I also plan to add some 3D compiz-like effects that would allow some
> text animation or blinking in order to make tags and keywords more
> visible.

Might I request spinning text? ;)

> As you see, the project is already quite advanced and mature. The last
> thing I have to do is to find a name for it. I was thinking of
> "smog-mode", or maybe "frog-mode", but I'm open to any suggestion.

How about edomgro?

- Matt