[Orgmode] Archiving in same file opens all subtrees and leaves them open

From: Tom
Subject: [Orgmode] Archiving in same file opens all subtrees and leaves them open
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 06:42:43 +0000 (UTC)

I put an ARCHIVE tag to the beginning of an org file:

#+ARCHIVE: ::* archive

and archived subtrees are put correctly under the archive heading
in the same file.

The problem is archiving opens all subtrees in the file and leaves them
open and it messes up my nicely folded file. I have to refold the trees
manually to the previous state.

Is it a bug? Why does archiving open unrelated subtrees at all
except for the "archive" tree? And if it does shouldn't it restore
the previous folding state when it's finished?

Org-mode version 6.34c