[Orgmode] Re: Archiving in same file opens all subtrees and leaves them

From: Tom
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Archiving in same file opens all subtrees and leaves them open
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 08:16:15 +0000 (UTC)

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Because normally archiving goes to a different file, where this
> would not be a problem.  But you can try this patch and run with
> it for a while, to see if it causes any problems.

Thanks, I'll try it.

A possible workaround (if it does cause problems) could be opening
only the target local archive subtree, not every tree in the file.
I have a separate top level archive tree in the file, so I wouldn't
mind it very much if this particular tree is opened and left open if
all the other trees are left alone.