Re: [Orgmode] Turn off "pushed to kill ring and clipboard" exporting HTM

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Turn off "pushed to kill ring and clipboard" exporting HTML
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 00:36:35 +0200

On Apr 7, 2010, at 7:51 PM, Dan Davison wrote:

Xin Shi <address@hidden> writes:

Hello,

When exporting to HTML, the default behavior is to "pushed to kill ring and
clipboard". As shown in the message:

HTML export done, pushed to kill ring and clipboard

Are there any way to turn off this push?

(setq org-export-copy-to-kill-ring nil)

Or use customize to do the same.

I'd be interested to know how people make use of this feature (i.e. why
it is on by default.)

:-) because I use it like this very often, in particular for ASCII export - I export and then paste in another program.

I do not use it like this with HTML for example - but I hardly ever rely on the fact that the clipboard/kill is still the same after running an export command.

I would be certainly be possible to convince me that we should change the default - but as of now, I am not convinced.

- Carsten