Re: [Orgmode] Re: Using Org for browsing and managing buffers

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Using Org for browsing and managing buffers
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 10:49:33 -0400

Austin Frank <address@hidden> writes:

> Dan--
>
> Very nice.  I will say, though, that the very first thing I did was
>
>   (define-key org-buffers-mode-map "q" 'bury-buffer)

Thanks Austin, I've added that.

> I would request that something like this be included in the default
> keybindings.  A smarter version might try to restore the window config
> From before org-buffers-list was called.  See ibuffer-quit for an
> example.

Will do. ibuffer does lots of nice things and I think a version using
org-mode, with org's hierarchical structuring, would be even better. If
anyone wanted to help out that would be great.

Maybe the correct approach is to make use of the existing ibuffer
machinery and build the org version on top of ibuffer?

Dan