[Orgmode] Re: orgcard.txt in Makefile

From: Christian Egli
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: orgcard.txt in Makefile
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 09:33:55 +0200

Hi

Nathan Neff <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd like to use the orgcard.txt file that's included in the org-mode source.
> I like being able to search through a text file for relevant keyboard
> shortcuts.
>
> It doesn't seem like it's been updated since org version 6.10.
>
> I tried running make doc, but I don't think that orgcard.txt is generated in
> the "make doc" task.

AFAIK It is not.

> Is orgcard.txt generated from orgcard.tex?  If so, can anyone tell me how
> to do it?

I presume that it is converted by hand. I tried a few automated tools
(pdftotext, latex2html + w3m) but they all give very bad results.

I would recommend to either

  a) compare the existing orgcard.pdf and orgcard.txt and update the
     existing orgcard.txt accordingly or
  b) cut'n'paste the text from a pdf viewer into emacs and do some magic
     with rectangles (as the text is in three columns) to achieve the
     desired result.

Then submit the newest orgcard.txt as a patch so you will not have to
keep it locally.

Thanks
Christian

--