Re: [Orgmode] Suggestions needed for handling "ideas"

From: Ali Tofigh
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Suggestions needed for handling "ideas"
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:04:53 -0400

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 16:38, John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Frequently my notes on meetings contain ideas for stuff to try. Does
>> anyone have any advice on how to handle these?
>
> I'm very 'idea' centered as well. See some 'ideas' below :)

;-)

> What about:
>
> ### IDEA 1 ###
> --- file: project_name.org ---
> * Journals
> ** Title <date>
> Notes about stuff
>
> * Ideas
> ** TODO idea 1 <date>
> ** WORKING idea 2
> ** DONE idea 3 <date>
>
> Something like this? This could track ideas in each project and if you do
> use them as TODOs you can pull them up with agenda to check ideas across all
> projects.

What I would like is to keep my ideas in their context and not
separately. Ideally I just want to write my meeting notes as usual but
be able to somehow mark certain sections as ideas to come back to
later. I keep my real todos, the ones I want to work on, separately as
you suggest.

> ### IDEA 2 ###
> - a remember template for ideas?
> - file keystrokes set to set the file to a particular project's file with a
> simple key entry?
> - or... one file called 'ideas.org' divided by projects (or just tag idea
> headlines with the project name)
> --- then use remember-mode to add ideas to that file when you're in
> meetings/taking notes in a different, dedicated project file?

Same as above...

I really really would like some feature to be able to highlight some
part of my text (or even better a list item) as an idea. This way my
ideas could be interspersed in the level I'm in. It doesn't seem
logical to me to create a new heading for each idea in the middle of
my notes.

=== project1.org ===
* journal
** meeting 1
   notes...

   - idea 1 :idea:
   - idea 2 :idea:

   notes contd... (this is same level still as notes above under
heading "meeting 1")

* tasks
** todo1
*** subtask1
** todo2

> I'm so new I can hardly believe I'm proposing these ideas as I don't even
> know that I know everything necessary to implement them! But... these are
> things i ponder so I thought I'd share...

I appreciate it. It's fun to share ideas!

/Ali