Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] org-mime -- using orgmode to send html mail?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] org-mime -- using orgmode to send html mail?
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 20:38:09 +0100

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:12:59 -0600, "Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Thanks for the explicit feedback, it's very helpful.

You're very welcome!  It's the least I can do.

> > 6. try org-mime-org-buffer-htmlize again and now there is no error but
> > the output is:
> >

> I see the problem here, I've just pushed up a change to org-mime.el
> which will ensure that your html mime alternative will no longer be
> nil.

Thanks.   I've pulled and it now works better, in that the HTML
element is now not-nil.  However, it's not quite right and other
aspects are still not working.  I'm attaching three files: the original
org file I'm using to test the mime encoding, a small image used for
the test, and the resulting message I receive when I've sent the
result of mime exporting.

There are definitely problems in encoding images, whether one
explicitly linked to in the org file or one created for latex
equations.  Some (maybe all?) of the problems may be due to
Wanderlust.  I imagine you don't use WL so if there's any help I can
provide in debugging this combination, please let me know!

I do note that the text contents for the email created in the buffer
do differ from what I get when I explicitly insert attachments.

> However, you will continue to have "t" as your text alternative until
> you ensure that you are loading the latest version of the core of
> org-mode, as described in my recent email to Andrew.

I am most definitely *always* using the latest version!  Currently, I
have "Org-mode version 6.35g (release_6.35g.48.g3102)".

Thanks,
eric

PNG image