Re: [Orgmode] Re: emacs/org-mode on Droid?

From: Mark Elston
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: emacs/org-mode on Droid?
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:27:44 -0700

Nick,

What do you have in your .netrc (besides passwords and such)...

Mark

On 4/15/2010 12:57 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
Mark Elston<address@hidden>  wrote:

Nick,

Thanks.  I'm already trying the script approach.  I have the
following in a script:

   open https://webdav.mydrive.ch
   <username>
   <password>
   cd org
   put Teaching.org
   put Home.org
   close
   exit

The 'y' is to accept the untrusted server certificate.

Unfortunately, even though this all works manually, when running it as:

   cadaver<  response.file

it barfs on accepting the certificate.  Sigh.  Time to get the sources
and try compiling a local version that doesn't ask to accept the
cert and just goes on with the rest.

On Linux, I can use the .netrc mechanism to log in to the server (simple
auth only), so the script does not have to worry about that. Don't know
whether this works with the cygwin version or how the certificate
complicates things.  Using this mechanism, the following script works:

,----
| #! /bin/bash
|
| cadaver http://alphaville.usa.hp.com/org<<  EOF
| put foo.org bar.org