[Orgmode] Bug in org-inlinetask - was: Re: Feature suggestion: highlight

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: [Orgmode] Bug in org-inlinetask - was: Re: Feature suggestion: highlights
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 23:06:58 +0200

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:
> Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Ali Tofigh <address@hidden> writes:
>>> But you still have the problem that once you use a headline, on any
>>> level, then you can't continue writing in the same section as before:
>>>
>>> * headling
>>>   text text text
>>> ********* some todo
>>> and now what? Now I have to create a new headline to get out of the
>>> deeply nested headline. So I can't continue wrting text after the todo
>>> that is directly related to the text above it.
>>

>> Ahhrg - yes. I never use this kind of todo items.
>>
>> I don't know what the others think of this. But this feels wrong,
>> doesn't it? I'd expect an empty line to break out of the todo. Am I
>> missing a variable some where?
>
> I believe the 'empty line breaks out' idea is for exporting inline tasks
> only - they don't behave that way in regular org files IIRC.

That's exactly the term I meant and I was looking for: `inline tasks'

But unfortunately empty lines do NOT break out of inline tasks.
I thought they would...

Why are they called `inline tasks' then?

If I do

  `M-x org-inlinetask-insert-task'

I get this:

* Headline

  Some text...
*************** TODO inline task
                Some text

  Back in original level.

I am `Back in original level' after the `************* END'
portion.

BUT to be there, I have to adjust the depth of the nested headline AND
it still will not work in ASCII export.

Obviously, org-inlinetask.el does not regard the odd/even setting.
And ASCII export does not reagard inline tasks.

    Sebastian