Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Macro for begin_src?

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Macro for begin_src?
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 22:35:22 -0400

Nathan Neff <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Nathan Neff <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     I've been converting my init.el file to org-babel, and am getting tired of
>     copying/pasting or typing the begin_src and end_src blocks.
>
>     Example:
>     #+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent
>     #+end_src

Hi Nate,

By the way, if you are using :results silent for all your blocks, then
you can just enter it once as a buffer property:

#+property: results silent

(and if you want it for a whole subtree but not a whole buffer, then set
a property called :results: with value silent in the root of the
subtree).

I agree with the others about using yasnippets for blocks. I have src
and elisp snippets (although to be honest I still haven't learned the
syntax for defining them and I have trouble stopping them leaving
annoying trailing spaces...ok thanks you made me fix that, although I
still don't know the syntax, something like this then

src:

#+begin_src...#+end_src
# --
#+begin_src ${2:language}