[Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Macro for begin_src?

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Macro for begin_src?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 22:06:23 -0400

Shelagh Manton <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 11:44:24 +0100, Eric S Fraga wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 01:01:56 +0000 (UTC), Shelagh Manton
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 08:38:01 -0500, Nathan Neff wrote:
>>>
>>> You could play around with artist-mode if you use X. It uses the mouse
>>> with ascii symbols to create rectangles, lines etc. Then just change
>>> the text how you need. There are some helpful functions on emacswiki
>>> that show you how to set up ido with artist. Don't have the url handy
>>> though.
>>>
>>> Sadly, it seems you can't get artist-mode to work in a tty, though I
>>> believe you can in an xterm.
>>
>> Shelagh,
>>
>> artist-mode has a full set of key bindings.  I never use the mouse (for
>> anything at all, if I can help it, due to RSI issues) and artist-mode is
>> perfectly usable nonetheless!  Type "C-h m" in artist-mode to see all
>> the key bindings.
>
> I am aware of the keybindings, though I tend to use the mouse myself, but
> I have never been able to get artist-mode running properly in tty. If you
> have, I would be interested to know if you had to tweak anything to get
> it to work or whether it is the usual "my set-up is screwy and I don't
> know why" syndrome.

The key bindings don't work well for me in regular emacs in X either.

GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.11) of 2008-11-09
on raven, modified by Debian

Marking regions seems to lose the mark when I move around trying to draw
rectangles.  Using the mouse is much easier for this.

-Bernt