Re: [Orgmode] [Patch] M-Right and M-Left behave differently on headings

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Patch] M-Right and M-Left behave differently on headings and list items
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 14:53:20 +0200

Hi,

do others agree with Matti's view?

Thanks.

- Carsten

On Apr 20, 2010, at 12:29 AM, Matti De Craene wrote:

Hello all,

When operating on a heading, M-Right/M-Left promotes or demotes one
heading only, and M-S-Right/M-S-Left promotes or demotes an entire
subtree.

When operating on list items however, there is no distinction between
M-Right/M-Left and M-S-Right/M-S-Left. Both key combinations operate
on the current item and on all subitems

Example: No difference between M-Right and M-S-Right on item 1 below:
- item 1
   - item 2
   - item 3

I find this behaviour somewhat confusing.

Attached patch seems to fix that for me.

Kind Regards,

Matti
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
address@hidden